Iraq Finance 2012
A big vote of THANKS, to all who helped make IRAQ FINANCE 2012 a tremendous achievement.
Iraq Finance 2012
Interview with H.E. Dr Sami al-Araji, Chairman, National Investment Commission.
Iraq Finance 2012 was a great success! Thank you all for coming and contributing to the launch of this important event!
Iraq Finance 2012 took place at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel on 18-19 September 2012. It was the most important event ever to take place on banking and finance in Iraq.
Organised under the patronage of Iraq’s PM H.E. Nouri al-Maliki, Iraq Finance 2012 was opened by the Deputy Prime Minister H.E. Dr Rowsch Nori Shaways.
The event was attended by over 280 key decision–makers and stakeholders in Iraq’s financial future from 150 companies travelling from 22 countries. High level Iraqi government delegates took part including the Minister of Planning, the Minister of Construction and Housing, the Governor of the Central Bank, the Chairman of the National Investment Commission (NIC), the Governor of al-Muthanna Province, the President of the Trade Bank of Iraq, Director Generals of al-Rafedain and al-Rasheed Banks, as well as NIC chairmen from Iraq’s provinces, and presidents of many Iraqi private banks.
We would like to extend a special vote of thanks to:
- H.E. Mr Nouri al-Maliki, The Prime Minister of Iraq
- H.E. Dr Rowsch Shaways, Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs of Iraq
- H.E. Dr Qusay al-Suhail, First Deputy President, Parliament of Iraq
- H.E. Dr Ali al-Shukri, Ministry of Planning and Development
- H.E. Eng Mohammed al-Derraji, Ministry of Construction and Housing
- H.E. Dr Sinan al-Shabibi, Governor, Central Bank of Iraq
- H.E. Dr Sami al-Araji, Chairman, National Investment Commission Iraq
- Ms Hamdiyah al Jaff, President & Chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq
We would also like to thank:
- Rt Hon Lord Green of Hustpierpoint, Minister, Ministry of Trade and Investment
- Mr Simon Collins, HM Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
- Prof Ali Allawi, Former Minister of Finance Iraq, and advisor to Symexco
- Our special thanks go to the Sponsors of Iraq Finance 2012 as well as to all delegates that took part.
Symexco is developing a detailed conference report/executive summary where all conference proceedings will be published. The report will be available for download from October 15th 2012.
Thank you and we hope to be in touch again soon!