meIraq Finance Expo 2012
Iraq Finance 2012 is the first major international conference focused entirely on banking and financial services in Iraq. Don’t miss out!
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of Iraq’s financial and banking needs and the major opportunities for investment.
- To have first-hand information about the strategies of the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank for the future development of banking and financial services in Iraq.
- To gain direct exposure to senior representatives from the Ministry of Finance, the Central Bank, Iraqi private and commercial banks, industry executives, company directors, and VIPs.
- To identify and explore key areas for reform and investment through direct consultation with Ministers, Deputies, Senior Advisors and Parliamentarians.
- To meet and collaborate with other international investors regarding the development of the banking and financial services industry in Iraq.
- To examine and discuss potential sources of finance for major investment and reconstruction projects planned across Iraq.
- To provide information about your company’s expert products and services through Iraq Finance 2012 Exhibitor and Sponsorship packages.
Why finance in Iraq?
- Iraq’s financial system is antiquated and huge opportunities for investment are available across the entire banking and financial system.
- Iraq is actively moving to an open free-market economy and the regeneration of the country’s financial services is widely seen as a precursor to the reconstruction of the country as a whole.
- Iraq is on the verge of a boom in project finance as massive industrial projects, power plants, and general infrastructure projects are established.
- Foreign investors have been granted the same rights as domestic investors. Iraq's new Investment Law guarantees a climate where foreign investment is actively encouraged and facilitated.
- The Central Bank of Iraq, as well as the Ministry of Finance, have adopted policies to fight inflation and strengthen the Iraqi Dinar. Red tape and bureaucracy are being removed and Iraq’s banking and financial services industry is poised to develop rapidly in the coming years.