Iraq Finance 2012
Welcome to Iraq Finance 2012, a new international conference and exhibition on banking and financial services in Iraq.
Iraq Finance 2012 will facilitate constructive dialogue and exchanges between all the key players to rebuild a world-class banking and financial services industry in Iraq.
- To discuss opportunities for regenerating the banking and financial services industry in Iraq.
- To introduce the current state of banking and finance in Iraq to international investors.
- To develop a comprehensive assessment of the Iraqi banking and financial services industry and address needs for reform and investment.
- To examine the issues relating to the mobilisation of investment and project finance for the Iraqi private and public sectors.
- To examine the state of corporate financing in Iraq and the sources for equity, short-term and long-term debt financing for the Iraqi private sector.
- To promote collaboration between Iraqi Ministers, Deputies, Advisors, CBI officials, heads of government, Director Generals, senior parliamentarians, and financial experts with their international counterparts.
- The current state of banking and finance in Iraq.
- Immediate and long term strategies of the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank.
- The mobilisation of debt and equity finance for the Iraqi private sector.
- The financing of large scale infrastructure projects and Public-Private Partnerships
- The use of development aid from international agencies.
- The use of export finance and tied loans.
- Iraq’s indebtedness and factors behind its credit-worthiness.
- Business in Iraq – the ins and outs.
- An overview of government reforms and investment needed in:
- Investment banking
- Project and corporate finance
- Capital Markets
- Money Markets
- Consumer Finance
- Payments and Technology
- Development Finance
- Export Finance
- Private Equity
- Hedge Funds
H.E. Dr Rowsch Nori Shaways
Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs
Rt Hon Lord Green of Hustpierpoint
UK Minister of State for Trade and Investment
H.E. Dr Qusay al-Suhail
First Deputy, President of Iraq Parliament
H.E. Dr Rafe Al Essawi
Minister of Finance
H.E. Dr Sinan Al-Shabibi
Governor, Central Bank of Iraq
H.E. Dr Ali Yusuf Al Shukri
Minister of Planning & Development
H.E. Eng. Mohammed Al-Darraji
Minister of Construction & Housing
H.E. Dr Sami al-Araji
Chairman, National Investment Commission
H.E. Dr Haider al-Abadi
Chairman of Finance Committee in Parliament